Bombay Chanakya’s Topical Play, “TRP”
Brief Chat with Writer-Director Bombay Chanakya by K. Vivekshankar
Writer-Director, Bombay Chanakya who has created a very big impact in Tamil Mainstream theatre as well as Television with his “Irandaam Chanakyan” is inaugurating his new play, “T.R.P” on Wednesday, the 12th October 2011 for Kartik Fine Arts at Narada Gana Sabha Hall, Alwarpet, Chennai, followed by another show for Narada Gana Sabha on 13th October 2011 (7.00 pm).
Vivek: You seem to be rocking!!!!…Within the short span of 6months, 3 stageplays!!!!! Hattrick?
Chanakya: (Smiles) Actually, I am making up for the time that I lost…. In fact after a sabbatical of six years, I came out with my “Sannidhanam” (5th March 2011), followed by “Madras to Chennai” (28th May 2011) and now “T.R.P” (12th October 2011).
Vivek: The title, TRP (Television Rating Points) suggests something about Media Industry….?
Chanakya: YES!!!!. Television has invaded and became an integral part of every family today. TV has impacted people and society at large in a big way.
Vivek: What has really prompted you to do a play on Media Industry
Chanakya: Simple… I have been in the Media Industry for quite a long time and that experience would come handy while I discuss a subject revolving around my own Industry.
Vivek: We have seen lots of powerful plays from you in the past….Will TRP also find a place in that long list?
Chanakya: This question has to be answered by the audience. It is for them to judge and add this also to that list….(laughs)…. I have been trying to weave my plays around topical issues, relevant and strong themes….TRP is also a topical issue today and am sure the audience would be able to relate it very much.
Vivek: What’s new that we can expect from Chanakya this time with TRP?
Chanakya: (laughs)…The play itself is new and being inaugurated on 12th…!!!!!…. Well, the backdrop (sets) design and pattern would be new, atleast something not seen very often!!!!!!
Vivek: That kindles my interest and I would be there on the inaugural day!!! Congrats and Best Wishes for highest TRP!!!!! (Theatre Review Points)
- My response to the Review of my play ‘ID’ in The Hindu by Suganthy Krishnamachari
- The Hindu Review of “ID”
- Prayatna Stage’s “ID” – Review by Siragu Ravichandran
- Introducing Cast and Crew of K.Vivekshankar’s ID – Summer Drama Festival Kartik Fine Arts 2015
- Update – Theatre Workshop for Actors by Director Naga
- Admin Chennai Focus on Nadhimoolam Play Review by The Hindu
- madhava. boovaragamoorthy on Introducing our Cast in Nadhimoolam
- Mahendran on Chat with Velu Saravanan on Children Theatre
- G . SUKHANYA on Marina – A Versatile Personality
- my spring days episode 16 dailymotion on Edinburgh International Festival
- Australia 2013 (4)
- Book Reviews (2)
- Dhanushkoti Drama page (9)
- Drama Festivals (20)
- Drama Reviews (108)
- Drama2015 (17)
- Event Reviews (22)
- Forthcoming Events (168)
- Music and Dance Festivals (31)
- My Ramblings (18)
- News (87)
- Photo Gallery (3)
- Reviews Walkthrough (118)
- Summer Drama Festival – 2010 (22)
- Theater (197)
- TV Programs (3)
- Videos (2)
All About Me
I am K. Vivekshankar, a passionate Tamil Playwright providing purposeful entertainment in the Tamil Mainstream theatre since 1996. So far written and directed 17 Stage Plays and associated with more than 10 Television Serials as Script and Screenplay Writer. I own a Theatre Group called “PRAYATNA”. My passion for Theatre has compelled me to start this blog which will primarily strive to reach out and make people aware of the happenings in the Tamil Drama circuit. My attempts are not going to be restricted only to update news about stage shows but also to clear the misconceptions inadvertently pushed into people minds about Tamil Theater. I look forward to your wholesome and hearty participation. Thank you.
More about my works
My Detailed Profile (Download PDF)
Like to link to our site? Cut and Paste the Code below in your Site
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.kvivekshankar.wordpress.com" title="Paperless Musings by Script Writer K.Vivekshankar"><img src="https://kvivekshankar.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/badgearc.jpg" alt="Paperless Musings by Script Writer K.Vivekshankar" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- My response to the Review of my play ‘ID’ in The Hindu by Suganthy Krishnamachari wp.me/pMtD2-Lo 1 year ago
- Prayatna Stage’s “ID” – Review by Siragu Ravichandran wp.me/pMtD2-Lc 1 year ago
- Introducing Cast and Crew of K.Vivekshankar’s ID – Summer Drama Festival Kartik Fine Arts 2015 wp.me/pMtD2-KF 1 year ago
- Update – Theatre Workshop for Actors by Director Naga wp.me/pMtD2-JF 1 year ago
- Nadhimoolam Play Review By J.R.@Devendranath wp.me/pMtD2-JB 1 year ago
- மக்களிடம் வன்முறையை தூண்டுவதாக கமல் மீது சென்னை கமிஷனர் ... - Oneindia Tamil
- நடிகையை மானபங்கப்படுத்த ரூ.30 லட்சம் கூலி: திடுக் தகவல் - FilmiBeat Tamil
- என்னது பாலாவின் அடுத்த படத்தில் ஜோதிகா நடிக்கிறாரா? - வெப்துனியா
- வறண்ட வீராணம் ஏரி... கண்டு கொள்ளாத பொதுப்பணித்துறை ... - விகடன்
- அரசியலுக்கு வர பயமாக இருக்கிறது: நடிகர் கமல்ஹாசன் - தினமணி
- பாவனாவுக்கு நடந்ததை நினைத்தால் இதயம் வலிக்கிறது! - விஷால் ... - FilmiBeat Tamil
- இன்னொரு ரஜினி படத் தலைப்பும் அவுட்... இந்த முறை ... - FilmiBeat Tamil
- தர்மபுரி, கிருஷ்ணகிரி மாவட்டத்தில் குரூப் 1 தேர்வு 7581 பேர் ... - தினமலர்
- பழனிசாமியா? பன்னீர்செல்வமா? முடிவு செய்வது ஒன்பது ... - தினமணி
- ட்விட்டரில் மோசமாக பேசிய ரசிகர்கள்: மல்லுக்குப் பாய்ந்த குஷ்பு - FilmiBeat Tamil